As promised, here is a link to a slideshow showing all the photos in my Project 365 with some music added. Don’t worry it won’t take *forever* – I set each picture to display for only one second!
If you want to find out the story behind each photo I invite you to review my blog from the past year. For the most part photos in the beginning happened at the beginning of the year and so on.
For anyone thinking about starting a Project 365 or a Photo of the Day I have this advice:
- Do it – it’s a lot of fun (at times) and will improve your photography and change the way you look at life and photography
- Stick with it – there will be days when you haven’t taken a photo of the day yet and you don’t feel like it. No one says a photo of the day has to be from each day of the year. But set standards for yourself and stick to them
- Think about how you are going to organize your photos and present them. You may not want to think about that in the beginning but you certainly will appreciate having a plan when you’re getting near the end and want to present your photos. This might include:
- Have a naming standard.
- Store the photos in a know location
- Decide if you want to blog and/or socialize (Facebook) about your project and learn how to do that
- Look to others for inspiration. There are many others on social networks that are doing photos a day and the like. When you need it, look there for some inspiration
- Try to avoid taking “easy” picture. You know like you hand, window, pet. It’s OK to do so – let’s just not see 13 cat pictures during the dead of winter
- Inspiration. Try things like “Wide angle Wednesday” where you only take wide angle shots and “Telephoto Tuesday” or Fish Eye Friday. Or how about monochrome Monday to inspire you to create some Black and White shots.
What’s Next For Me
I plan on taking a well deserved break from photo of the day. But don’t stop checking my blog! I plan on:
- Continuing to blog about photo events I cover
- Start to do more photography education whether it be products or software I use or tips and tricks
In Conclusion, thanks for reading my blog and have a Happy New Year!