By many standards, 2022 was a wonderful year! It finally felt like things were back to normal in many (but not all) ways!
2022 had me creating over 130,000 images. These do not include the freelance images created for photojournalism. I keep them on a separate laptop.
I transitioned all my video delivery to online only. This allowed me to deliver higher quality video that can be seen on more platforms. My videos had over 1600 views from over 700 unique viewers of which 1000 of them were on mobile devices! Total time watched amounted to 63 days, 19 hours, 38 minutes and 13 seconds worth of content!
- In 2022 I added two new dance studios and greatly expanded my rain machine offering. I also offered new types of dance portraits sessions and continued with some tried and true.
- It was a year of change as well. I will be dropping an existing dance studio and most likely another.
- I was honored to have one of my images selected as Best of 2022 for Behind the Shutter magazine!
- I attended two professional photography training conferences (Imaging USA and Pas De Deux). I believe in staying up to date and current as much as possible.
- I provided photography services for Fairleigh Dickerson University, a new client
- I expanded my volume sports photography coverage and picked up a new softball league, new field hockey league, and a new soccer league.
- The 2022 Freddy Awards was back to in-person which was great!
- I photographed my first Bat Mitsvah as well as an event photographer for “Make Your Mark” for another temple.
- One of the highlights of the year was the popularity of my expanded rain machine experience! Everyone who participated enjoyed themselves. This will be expanded even further next summer!
- My photo booth was very popular in 2022 as well despite losing one school dance I’ve done for years
- I provided commercial still and video images for an illusionist at the State theatre in Easton, PA
- In late summer I offered my first ever “skirts and scarves” sessions which was a blast to do and another big hit!
- There were plenty of headshot sessions, theatrical performances, dancers, recitals, senior sessions to name a few.
So, what’s ahead for 2023? Plenty!
- Plan on having a dance portrait session in NYC with a group of pre-professional dancers
- As long as mother nature cooperates, we look forward to having some dance portraits created in the snow!
- My rain machine experience will be expanded and offered earlier and more often this summer
- I plan to attend more professional training in Chicago as well as photograph dancers while there from across the US.
- More dance portrait sessions of various types
I would be honored to have you come along for the journey! Let me know what I can do for you or your organization as far as photography or videography is concerned. Contact me for more information. I can’t wait to meet you!