20130826-TankerFill-DumpSite-Drill

98 Fire drills tanker fill and dump sites along with 75 Fire's tanker on Monday evening.98 Fire drills tanker fill and dump sites along with 75 Fire’s tanker on Monday evening.

Girl Scout Donation to Fire Company

Girl Scout Brownie Troop #90694 of Stewartsville, NJ leads the Pledge of Allegiance at the May monthly meeting of the Stewartsville Vol. Fire Co. Photo by | DAVE DABOURGirl Scout Brownie Troop #90694 of Stewartsville, NJ leads the Pledge of Allegiance at the May monthly meeting of the Stewartsville Vol. Fire Co. Photo by | DAVE DABOUR

Silhouetting A Volunteer

Last night I was photographing the Stewartsville Volunteer Fire Co. performing a live burn drill at the Warren County Fire Academy.

As dusk was settling in I noticed one of the participants up on the roof. I could have adjusted my camera settings to capture his face but I though the silhouette was a much better photograph.

It captures the spirit of both volunteering and serving your community. All of these people probably had better things to do on a Monday evening. But practicing and learning new life saving skills is paramount to these volunteer and thank God it is!

Other photos from the evening.

Keeping The Cross Straight

Helping Hand

The Stewartsville Fire Company was asked by the Lutheran church to assist A & J Construction to straighten out and tighten up the cross on top of the Lutheran church in Stewartsville.

This is a very fitting photo to conclude my Project 365! Look for a follow up post on my Project 365 summary.

And please continue to check back for my blog entries. I would like to have more posts in the coming year on photography tips.

365/365

CO Alarm

98Fire20111214-001

In what has been a series of CO Alarm calls, 98 Fire responds to another one on Wednesday morning. This is somewhat typical during the first real cold snap in the area and furnaces are working harder than usual. Also CO alarm batteries do not last forever and typically need to be replaced every 5 years.

350/365

Smell Of Electric Burning

The Stewartsville Volunteer Fire Company responds to a call of the smell of electric burning inside a home. Upon arriving the homeowner reported the smell coming from the laundry room area as well as high usage of the dryer earlier in the day.

Photos from the rest of the album can be found here.

339/365